We are Gym With Attitude Ltd (referred to as ‘we’ throughout this notice).
This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data and keep it safe. It sets out how we intend to use your information, who we may share it with, what rights you have about use of your information and how you can control what personal information we collect from you.
We know that there’s a lot of information here but we want you to be fully informed about your rights and how we use your data.
This privacy notice is applicable when you order from us, contact us by email or telephone, visit our stores, browse our website, complete a survey or any research, create an online account, enter a competition, subscribe to any marketing, engage with us on any social media platform or write to us.
We hope the following information will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may collect the below information about you:
- Your name, gender and age / date of birth
- Your contact details, including your billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses
- Purchases and orders made by you and how you paid for them
- A limited amount of payment card information
- Which device and internet browser or application you used to place an order with us or browse our website, including your IP address
- Your marketing preferences
- Your survey responses, comments, interests and feedback
- Your location
- Your communications and correspondence with us
- Any data you make publicly available, such as your social media handle or other information you may share on public social media platforms and any other public platforms
In many instances you are providing data and information you knowingly provide to us. For example when you place an order, you provide us your shipping and billing address, phone number and email address. Another example being when you contact us, we have records of what you wrote to us, and we also have the contact details you provide that enable us to reply to you.
In some cases we may collect additional data that is available publicly, to help with market research and to improve our business.
In rare cases, we may request additional data from you such as forms of ID, to prevent fraud and suspected illegal activities.
General uses of your data
- To process any orders that you make by using our website, a third party app (such as Facebook shopping) or in store. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations
The most common example is the delivery courier, who needs to know your address and some other details to deliver your order to you. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to deliver the product or service that you ordered, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual and legal obligations we have.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. We may keep a record of past correspondence / communication and any future correspondence / communication. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service possible.
- To verify your identity for crime and fraud prevention and fraud detection
Your data may be passed to your bank from one of our payment providers, and your bank then confirm whether or not they think it is you using your credit or debit card. We do this to prevent fraud and theft. This is called 3D secure.
- To provide goods and services to you including updates about your order
- For research and development, to improve our products and services and better understand what you want
- To comply with any legal rights or duties we have that may need us to disclose your information
For example, when a public or legal authority requests this information from us. This could be in relation to fraudulent activities or other suspected illegal activity.
- To manage any accounts you hold with us
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you
Marketing and promotions
Direct promotional communications
We want to bring you offers and promotions that are most relevant to your interests at particular times. We may send you texts, emails and postal mail to update you on these offers, promotions and events.
As always, you can opt out of this form of marketing by following the below steps. However, this may not stop us communicating with you in ways such as order updates and returns department correspondence.
- You can opt out of text message marketing by replying following the 'OPT OUT' instructions on the text message
- You can opt out of email marketing by using the ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ button that is at the bottom of every promotional email we send
- You can opt out of postal, email and text message marketing by contacting customer support at email@example.com. whereby you can inform us of any changes you want us to make for you.
Automated marketing and other advertisements
After you have visited our website and/or browsed a number of products, you may then see online marketing banners or advertisements on some other websites that allow these adverts to be displayed.
We use trusted external advertising agencies that use pixels, cookies and other technology to provide us with advertising services including re-marketing and automated marketing.
We may also analyse your purchase history with us to serve you with the best possible product recommendations and services. For example, if you are subscribed to our email marketing, you may receive an automated email that’s relevant to you containing products you might like. You can unsubscribe from these emails using the above instructions under the direct promotional communications header.
SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
Sometimes we share your data with trusted third parties. For example, delivery couriers and applications we utilise on our website that help your overall experience with us.
Here’s the policy we apply to organisations, to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services, such as your email address to send you a shipping update
They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them
We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times
If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous
The main examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
IT companies who support our website and other business systems
Operational companies such as delivery couriers
Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you
Google / Facebook and other websites across the internet to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites.
Data insight companies to ensure your details are up to date and accurate
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
An overview of your different rights
You have the right to request:
Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases
The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete
For example, when you withdraw consent, or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end
That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels)
That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent
Review by a Partner of any decision made based solely on automatic processing of your data (i.e. where no human has yet reviewed the outcome and criteria for the decision).
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we hold at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To ask for your information to be amended, please update your online account, or contact our Customer Services team.
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.